Monday, February 4, 2013

Mmmm...Cake

Ok, so I have a secret. I've never really been a huge cake person. Terrible, right?

I apparently stopped eating cake on my 8th birthday. I had an awesome Beauty and the Beast cake (Belle was the Disney princess that taught us that women can be smart and pretty!). But for whatever reason, I gave up on cake that year. There are very few cakes that will make me pause and say "mmmm" (see preferred cake vendors). But I recently saw this cupcake tower and now I just, rather irrationally, want it. My husband, who typically supports my every decision, whipped out his veto card on this one for several reasons:

One: We are not bakers, nor are we cake vendors. I'm going to have to agree with him on this one. I tried baking cupcakes the other day...tried being the operative word. Pretty sure Pillsbury's Funfetti recipe is not supposed to taste like a dry, stale muffin.

Two: It's a cool grand. Sad but true. Pretty sure if we spent 1000 dollars on a cupcake stand, Ben would just point to it every time he wanted a new Xbox 360 game (60 dollars for him to beat it in 3 days? Seriously?)

So I'm content to just look at it. Sigh with me, Blog Nation. I love the way it sparkles.

 
 

1 comment: