Tuesday, January 29, 2013

J Nicole 's Day Spa & Salon

Hello all!

Today I'm taking a little bit of time to write a review of a local vendor, J. Nicole's Day Spa and Salon. I had some hair extensions done there a few weeks ago, and they are still going strong. You may have heard about them on the radio thru WNCI or some other radio spots, but I wanted to try them for myself.

I know extensions are a great option for brides who want to add length on their wedding day. Personally, I've worn them off and on for years. The only downside is that usually they are very damaging to your hair (esp. with sew-ins, etc). Fortunately the team at J Nicole uses an awesome bonding method (think about a tiny plastic clamp) that they attach, strand by strand, to your hair. The whole process took about an hour and I've been told these can last up to 6 months with proper maintenance.

Now don't get me wrong...hair extensions can be very pricey. However, for 5-6 months of lovely hair, I will take it. Besides, a big part of their appeal is the ladies themselves.  Brittany, my stylist, is the sweetest girl I've ever met. I did worry that perhaps she didn't have a lot of experience working with my hair type--but she did a fabulous job and color matched the extensions to my hair perfectly.

Nestled in old Pickerington, you may miss the salon on your first trip. It's housed in an old, white Victorian home, that is comfortable and inviting. The walls are decorated with vintage guitars and photos of the Beatles and other 60s icons.

I only wish I had known about them when I was getting married. They offer a lot of services, from lash extensions and facials, to manicures and massages and would be perfect for a bridal party spa day.

You can visit them at http://jndayspa.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment