Thursday, January 17, 2013

Customs (Otherwise known as...it'll get there when it gets there")

So, I was going to keep this blog work-oriented, but as a creative writing major, I can't help but share my (sometimes random) thoughts about things. Today's topic...customs.

In an attempt to find new and unique items for my clients, I have tried making contacts with overseas vendors. In fact, I ordered a shipment of beautiful new bling that I was hoping to have in time for the bridal show this weekend.  US Customs, on the other hand, is on an entirely different timetable. Apparently, your stuff can be held there for days or weeks while going through random inspections. Lesson learned, Blog Nation. Five Day Express Shipping means nothing if you are the unlucky recipient of a customs attendant's notice.

No  worries...all of the new items will be shown in all of their glory here once they arrive. Until then, a little bling eye candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment